1. Size – 8’6” X 20’ not counting the 7’ X 5’ hinged porch and 13’1” tall
2. Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) – 4.5” thick 8’ tall X 24’ wide make up the walls, roof and floor.
3. Square footage -160 square feet- counting the King sized sleeping loft 7’6” X 7’6” is 210 square feet
4. Trailer- dual 5200# axles with breaks on all wheels
5. Weight- approximately 10,000 #’s
6. Windows – West Window in Martinsville, VA low-E, argon gas filled painted vinyl exterior wood interior
7. Window styles- Double hung (top and bottom sash both operate) all ground floor and small storage loft – King sized sleeping loft (2) awning style –tilt up and (1) casement opens a full 90 degrees to the left and meets egress requirements (in case of fire you can get out)
8. Door- Pro Build in Raleigh 6’0 X 6’8 French out swing fiberglass with Blinds between the glass
9. Power source- Green Cycle Design Group in Winston- Salem, NC (6) 220 volt panels (32) lithium Ion storage batteries and 3000 watt inverter (converts DC battery power to 110 volt AC that runs standard appliances) powers complete house.
10. Plan B Power source- high usage and not sunny days standard 110 extension cord to recharge batteries
11. Hot water – Liquid Propane (LP) on demand hot water heater
12. Oak Ridge National Laboratory tested the 4.5” SIPs to outperform 2 X 6 16” on center construction and 50% greater energy savings.
13. SIPs have other advantages: quite, cleaner home and healthier indoor air quality due to stopping air infiltration. Plus the continuous OSB means you can hang a picture or cabinets without having to find a stud.
14. www.sips.org is a great resource
15. Wood Exterior is 100% Eastern Red Cedar, Interior walls are a combination of Poplar and Maple that has been pickled with a white wash. Cabinets and Countertop are Poplar. Counter top is stained and then a pour on resin that is used in boat building and provides a hard durable shell- polyurethane will yellow and not as durable. Hardwood floor is Red Oak. Cypress on walls & floor in bathroom (Cypress loves & lives in water)
16. Water storage tanks: (2) 45 gallon fresh water, (1) 40 gallon grey water and (1) 40 gallon black water tank. Making us completely self sufficient with water power and hot water.